|Rebecca Blackwell / Oxfam America|
Help Oxfam America celebrate women who are making a difference in the fight against hunger and poverty. You’ll be joining supporters nationwide as we celebrate the power of women to change the world – one action at a time.
· Sixty-six percent of the world’s work falls on women’s shoulders, yet they earn only 10% of the world’s income;
· If women were given the same level of access to resources that men have, they could increase yields on their farms by 20-30%;
· Hunger and poverty are about power and inequality, and women and girls face the biggest inequalities of all.
This International Women’s Day, how about showing women everywhere you appreciate their contributions to our world? Oxfam America is giving you a couple of really easy ways to do this:
1. Send an International Women's Day eCard to a woman you know, to say thank you for all that she does. Better yet, send it to several women who’ve made the world a better place.
2. Give the Oxfam America International Women’s Day 2012 award to a woman you think has made a difference to the world. She could be a teacher, your mom, a non-profit leader, a woman entrepreneur, the neighbor who always checks up on you when you’re ill… the possibilities are endless.
To give your award, just fill out the PDF file with the awardee’s name, and your name and date. You can then save it as a PDF or JPG (JPG if you want your readers to see the actual award) file. Then just publish a post to your blog, or to Facebook (make sure to tag her so she sees it), or wherever you’d like. You can even print it out and give it to her as a tangible reminder of your gratefulness.
Report abuse or error