MN Women in Green Power Breakfast
When: March 8 2018
Where: Minnesota, United States
Join us in solidarity with women across the globe, as the U.S. Green Building Council Minnesota celebrates International Women’s Day.
Last year, with a sold out venue – filled with strong, empowered women, we reflected on how we can come together in these physical spaces women so often curate to lead a movement and create a healthy environment for all.
This year, committing to our promise from our inaugural event, to disrupt our status quo, breathe inclusiveness, and welcome diversity in all forms, we will examine ways we can present our strength and connectedness to lead when it seems like our values and ideals are being underscored. How do we hold each other up to #PressforProgress in creating healthy, sustainable, resilient communities for all? Join us to be a part of this important conversation.
7:40 a.m. Framing Remarks
- Ellen Anderson, Director, Energy Transition Lab, Institute on the Environment, University of Minnesota.
7:55 a.m. Small Group Facilitated Discussions
8:20 a.m. Moderated Panel Discussin: Featuring Minnesota women in green who lead the way
- Gina Ciganek, Chief Executive Officer, Healthy Building Network
- Kate Knuth, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Minneapolis
- Andrea Jenkins, City Council Vice President, Minneapolis Ward 8
- LaDonna Redmond, Diversity and Community Engagement Manager, Seward Coop
- Melissa Rappaport Schifman, Founder, Green Intention LLC.
Be part of an inspiring morning that celebrates local women leading in the sustainability industry. We will explore the complexities of women’s leadership at this critical time for environmentalism and feminism.Your registration allows us to make scholarships available to female college and high school students hoping to lead their generations in sustainability. Help us chart a course for Minnesota Women to lead the way.
If you are a full-time female college or high school student and would like to apply for our attendance scholarship, please complete this form and we will follow-up with you.
Learn more now!