International Women's Day Conference - Be Ready, Be Resilient, Be Remarkable!
When: March 1 2019
Where: Chester, United Kingdom
The International theme for 2019 is #BalanceforBetter, it’s a campaign that runs all year long providing a unified direction to guide and galvanise action, with #BalanceforBetter activity reinforcing and amplifying that balance drives a better working world.
The WLA passionately supports the International theme. The future is exciting - we’re entering an exciting period of history where the world expects balance and we’re delighted to be playing our part in building a gender-balanced world. We believe that everyone has a part to play - all the time, everywhere.
How will you help make a difference?
Now in our fourth year the annual WLA conference and it’s year-round programme provides a dynamic focus and sets the scene for our diverse community with rich learning for senior women leaders based in corporates. Our continuing mission is to be the premier annual UK Conference that celebrates International Women’s Day and delivers progress for achieving gender diverse workplaces.
Sitting alongside the International theme is our own WLA conference theme which aims to have a more personal message – Be READY, Be Resilient, Be Remarkable. Three short statements for you to apply in the year ahead.
Inspiring Women Leaders to take action, propell their career and become great role models
- Meet Henrietta Jowitt, Deputy Director CBI speak on Leadership in a post Brexit era
- Meet our all male panelists who discuss their perspective and insights on gender diversity
- Attend one of several inspirational workshops
- Network with like minded professionals
- Find out about the WLA's 'Plug and Play' premium women's leadership programme.
And headline sponsor: Sir Robert McAlpine will be supporting this amazing day.
Experience a life changing day
Outsanding key note speakers, masterclasses and panel discussions
- Be propelled forward in your career. This is for ambitious women, like you, who wish to invest and prepare yourself for your next phase of career.
- Meet new people. Connect with like-minded professionals who have similar aspirations, are keen to grow their network and offer support and share information with one another. Social connection has been found to increase happiness and success!
- Be inspired! Our content rich and role model keynote speakers, practical workshops and networking opportunities will fuel your motivation to learn and be inspired.
- Develop your leadership. You will be provided with the latest thinking on key leadership topics and trends for women in the workplace.
- Henrietta Jowitt, CBI Deputy Director- General Commercial
- Sue Grindrod, Chief Executive, Royal Albert Dock, Liverpool
- David Brown, MD, Hoggett-Bowers
- Laurence Udell, Udell Group
- Mark Summerfield, CEO, Co-op Insurance
- Henrietta Jowitt, Deputy Director-General Commercial, CBI
- Alison Jones, Founder, Practical Inspiration Publishing
- Cindy Cox, Senior Consultant, Roffey Park
Friday 1 March, 9am - 5pm
Chester Town Hall, CH1 2HQ, UK
Book your place at the must-go-to IWD event for 2019, our inspiring International Women's Day Conference.
Members, don't forget to use your special discount codes that have been emailed to you.