When: March 6 2020
Where: Nairobi, Kenya
Zuri Awards is a platform celebrating outstanding women who are changing the lives of our Kenyan communities through their work and is hosted during International Women’s Day (IWD).
Zuri Awards objectives are in line with the 5th Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) on Gender Equality and will take place on the 6th March 2020
IWD is a global day which takes place every 8th of March and has occurred for well over a century. The objective is to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women and the day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
1. Through a call for nomination we gather stories of women making a difference in our communities in various socio-economic sectors.
2. Digital stories and offline campaigns of the nominees highlights the stories giving voice to the voiceless
3. Help create a gender equal world by actively choosing to broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements.
4. Encourage Corporate Organisations and Visionary Leaders to mentor the women and/or adopt their projects thus motivating them and others to continue making a difference
5. The award ceremony recognizes and celebrates the women who win from the 15 categories
The Zuri Awards Gala Dinner will be celebrated at the Villa Rosa Kempinski on the 6th March 2020 from 7 p.m.