Cornwall Women's Fund International Women's Day Event #EmbraceEquity
When: March 8, 2023
Where: Cornwall, United Kingdom
Come and join Cornwall Women's Fund to celebrate International Women’s Day 2023 as we bring together a motivating and diverse group of women in conversation about equity.
Our panel of inspirational women from across Cornwall will share their personal and professional views and insights on this year's theme - #EmbraceEquity.
Following an opportunity to network we will host an interactive session and invite you to join the conversation in person or online - a focus on gender equity needs to be part of Cornwall’s DNA.
Each one of us can actively support and embrace equity within our own sphere of influence.
Collectively, we can all forge positive change. Allies are incredibly important for the social, economic, cultural, and political advancement of women. Whatever your gender or age we invite you to join the conversation !
Are you in? Will you embrace equity?
Wednesday 8th March 4pm – 6pm
• Tamsyn Allington – Founder, The Tamar Table, a county wide women’s lunch club
• Ria Poole - Cross-disciplinary academic and visual artist - Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Exeter University
• Hannah Kentish – Project Manager, Humanitarian Action & Peace Education, World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) / Ambassador, Young Trustees Movement
• Kate Shields – former nurse now CEO, NHS Kernow and Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Integrated Health Board
• FREE to attend
• Location: Newquay Orchard; 4 – 6pm on Wednesday 8th March
• Refreshments provided, with opportunity for networking before and after the Panel discussion
• Parking is available at the Orchard (please try and car share where possible and use lower bays at the Orchard and Sports Centre). Allow time for the 5-10 minute walk through the Orchard when you arrive. https://newquayorchard.co.uk/faqs/
• The event will also be live streamed, so if you aren't able to join us in person, you can access the event online, just book the relevant ticket and details will follow