Dr. Shawn Andrews
Professor of "Women & Leadership", author and speaker with expertise in DEI, Bias, Gender & Emotional Intelligence
Dr. Shawn Andrews is a keynote speaker, organizational consultant, business school professor, and author of the best-selling book, The Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide.
She’s been a Forbes contributor, quoted in the Chicago Tribune, interviewed on dozens of podcast and radio shows, including NPR, and is a Women’s Media Center SheSource expert.
Shawn speaks and consults to a diverse range of clients, including the United Nations, Broadcom, Johnson and Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Experian, National Diversity Council, Association for Talent Development, and Society for Human Resource Management.
She serves as professor at both UC Irvine and Pepperdine University business schools, teaching courses on Women and Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Diversity in Organizations, and Leadership and Ethics.
Shawn earned her Ed.D. degree in Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University, an M.B.A. degree from Pepperdine University, and a B.A. degree in Psychology from University of California, Irvine.
Shawn's presentations address the following topics:
- Examine barriers that contribute to the leadership gender gap
- Identify emotional intelligence attributes and their impact on leadership
- Leverage gender differences (hard-wired & socialized) which show up every day at work/home
- Identify different types, causes and impact of bias at work
- Appreciate the difference between diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Examine the impact of global diversity trends
- Learn how inclusion and psychological safety impacts teams
- Explore micro affirmations and micro aggressions
- Apply different approaches to develop an inclusive culture