Award-winning diversity & technology advocate, social entrepreneur, technologist, impact investor, mindfulness, emerging technology, future of work
TeLisa Daughtry—is an Award-Winning Tech/STEAM and Diversity Advocate, 10x Serial Social Entrepreneur, Impact Investor, International Keynote Speaker, Author, Multi-Disciplined Creative & Technologist, and Disruptor!
As an entrepreneur, mentor, and advocate; she is passionate about creating solutions to empower women, youth, and underrepresented groups to participate in technology and entrepreneurship. She is the Founder & CTO of FlyTechnista, a mobile app which provides women and girls with direct access to highly-curated education, employment, and entrepreneurship opportunities in technology; Founder of STEEAMnista, a non-profit that seeks to increase the participation, visibility, and leadership of women across S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, math), entrepreneurship, and makers; and she is also an Impact Investor, and Founder at FemX Ventures, a private fund and launchpad for female founders.
She has built several technology solutions and developed initiatives & policies supported by the United Nations #SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals); WeEmpower / UN Women (Women's Empowerment Principles); and #CSforAll (Computer Science for All); which have engaged thousands of women and girls.
TeLisa has been recognized and awarded by numerous government agencies, institutions, community organizations, and media publications; for her work, achievements, and advocacy in STEAM education, technology, entrepreneurship, and diversity.
- She was honored and recognized by the California State Assembly, for her achievements and advocacy for women in STEAM.
- She is a Women in Tech honoree of (B.L.I.S.T.S.) Black & Latinx Information Science Technology Support, for her work advocating for diversity in technology.
- She was an honoree and recipient of an ACT4 Award, recognizing her achievements in technology and advocacy for diversity.
- She was a Finalist for Code/Interactive: Diversity in Tech Awards.
- She has been named one of the 50 Most Influential Women Entrepreneurs in New York City by My Boss Tribe.
- She has been listed on MIC’s 1,000 Women in Tech and Science Speakers, and named a Top 50 Visionary Women in Tech to Watch by Innov8tiv Magazine.
- she has also been recognized as a "Changemaker" for Innovation & Entrepreneurship by the United State of Women.
As an international keynote speaker at the US Department of State Bureau of Education & Cultural Affairs, and author; she uses her voice and visibility to educate, advocate, and elevate important and relevant topics; such as Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Women's Empowerment Issues, Future of Work, Burnout & Mindfulness, Emerging Technology & Digital Transformation, Engaging Youth in STEM, Entrepreneurship & Startups, and Funding. She has frequently spoken at The White House; United Nations; G7 Summits; conferences such as Grace Hopper Celebration, SXSW Edu, Google Women Techmakers; corporate events such as American Heart Association: STEM Goes Red and BNP Paribas; as well as institutions such as Harvard University and Wellesley College; and has been featured on television, radio, and in publications such as Entrepreneur, Fox News, Black Enterprise, Cheddar TV, CNN, CBS Radio, Salon, Good Day New York, WeRule, Bustle, BOLD, SWAAY, and more.
As a diversity, inclusion, and equity champion; she is passionate about building diverse teams, and creating inclusive environments; she has developed DEI strategies for more than 200+ enterprises. Additionally, she has completed studies and training in Cross-Cultural Leadership and Innovative Entrepreneurship with focuses on bridging the gap between Islamic, Jewish, and African-American communities, as an Ariane de Rothschild Fellow.