For IWD 2022 step forward in solidarity and donate
Across the world, profound thoughts and solidarity prevail from the sisterhood and allies for the Ukraine women and girls caught in conflict.
International Women's Day (IWD) provides a critical moment to step forward and donate to those groups supporting vulnerable women and girls.
Further fundraising for female-focused charities
International Women's Day also provides an important opportunity to fundraise for female-focused charities, help raise their visibility, and amplify their awareness raising efforts.
To date, the largest single donation secured by IWD for a charity was a hefty 6 figure sum - with 100% of the funds channeled directly to the charity.
"We're grateful for our long-standing partnership with International Women’s Day that provides us with significant funding to help girls achieve their fullest potential, driving change on important issues of gender equality, in their communities and the world.”
- Imogen Fitzpatrick, Head of Strategic Partnerships, WAGGGS
Help forge women's equality by donating to a registered charity or nonprofit that works for the advancement of women and girls. Donating to these groups means addressing inequality and supporting their important work. There are many commendable charitable groups worldwide.
"The IWD Charity Alliance is a huge success for Nomi Network, both in funds raised and exposure to new supporters. Subsequently we've secured multiple new monthly donors and additional organizations, and we're potentially collaborating with a global company on a large-scale employee giving campaign. We're beyond thankful for IWD's promotion of Nomi Network and look forward to our continued work towards empowering women to reach their full potential."
- NOMI NETWORK
IWD Charities of Choice
World Association of Girl Guides & Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is the largest international youth movement dedicated to girls and young women, supporting over 10 million girls across 152 countries and is an IWD Charity of Choice since 2007.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with companies around the world to build workplaces that work for women. They're a trusted resource for knowledge on gender, leadership and inclusive talent management and is an IWD Charity of Choice since 2017.
IWD 2022 Charity Alliance
Part of the ethos of IWD is to support the supporters. So in addition to fundraising for local grassroots groups, please consider also supporting the work of these internationally-orientated, female-focused charities.
Equality Now helps create a just world where women and girls have the same rights as men and boys by tackling difficult issues, challenging ingrained cultural assumptions, calling out inequality, and using the power of the law to create enduring equality.
Nomi Network helps to combat human trafficking by creating pathways to safe employment and empowering women and girls to break cycles of slavery in their families and communities.
Dress for Success empowers women across the world to achieve economic independence via a network of support, professional attire, and tools to help them thrive in work and life. Consider donating an hour of pay to empower a woman to change her future via Your Hour Her Power.
Womankind Worldwide supports women's rights organizations and movements to secure equal rights for women and girls so they can live without fear of violence, have a say in decisions that impact them, and control their own life.
IWD cause-related marketing
International Women's Day provides a useful opportunity for groups worldwide to participate in cause-related marketing, a mutually beneficial collaboration between a for-profit and non-profit designed to promote sales while providing important fund-raising and visibility for a cause.
Before engaging in cause-related marketing, it's important to:
- research and identify the most relevant charity to ensure there's mutual synergy and reputational alignment
- contact the charity directly to learn about their guidelines and processes for cause-related marketing
- understand that use of a charity's brand or logo require prior permission and agreement
- be transparent about what portion of a sale will go direct to charity post any administrative fee
Here are some examples showing how Equality Now collaborated in 2021 on International Women's Day cause-related marketing projects.
- Casetify asked its customers to replace their beat-up phone case with one from their Her Impact Matters collection that features designs by an all-female artist crew, that saw a $5 donation to Equality Now for each case sold.
- Katie Leamon donated 15% of its Heirloom stationary range sales in March to Equality Now.
- Female-founded online apparel store Moxie Chic asked girls to use their imaginations and put pen to paper to create art reflecting gender issues they want to challenge and change, with the winning designs converted to T-shirts that saw a sales donation to Equality Now.
Let us know how you're fundraising for the IWD Charity Alliance.
Or to explore institutional or corporate giving to a registered charity as part of your IWD efforts, get in touch to discuss your objectives.