Rising Festival 2019 celebrating International Women’s Day
When: March 9 2019
Where: Cambridge, United Kingdom
The Rising Festival 2019 is a one-day event bringing together a diverse group of exceptional speakers for a programme of personal, practical and thought-provoking talks and workshops.
Building on last year’s tremendously successful event, this year’s Festival promises to be even more valuable, with more than 30 speakers sharing their personal stories, tips for success and thoughts on some of the most fundamental issues facing women today.
Taking place on Saturday 9 March 2019, one day after International Women’s Day, this is your opportunity to mark the global annual celebration of womanhood in the company of inspirational women from business, entrepreneurialism, the media and more.
We invite you to take a day to pause, step back and regain some clarity. Join us for an agenda crammed full of interactive workshops and fascinating Open Conversations across four key themes; Inner Leadership and Career Journeys, Your Money Matters, Changing Direction and What’s Next.
We’ll begin the day with mindfulness specialist Dr Helen Zhang. Through a series of simple exercises, Helen will focus our minds on the day ahead, making sure we’re physically and mentally ready to connect with ourselves and each other, and to make the absolute most of the opportunities the Festival presents.
- Network and make new connections
- Pick up life tools and techniques
- Fast track your career and learn how to become the leader you want to be
- Plan for the future and create financial security for you and your family
- Navigate through transitions in life and achieve balance
- Invest in yourself and create meaningful change in your life
- You’ll leave the Festival full of ideas, wiser and with a fresh perspective on how to flourish in the face of the competing demands and pressures of modern life – and hopefully with some new contacts to help you along the way
Festival ticket includes:
Offering as much goodness as we can squeeze in…
- An extraordinary opportunity to meet and talk with professional and engaging women from different backgrounds
- All workshops included – pick and choose what you want to attend
- Join in the discussion and attend our ‘Open Conversations’
- Access to professional and personal advise – career advisers & various coaches will be dotted onsite throughout the day
- Speed Networking with Purpose – your chance to connect with as many festivalgoers as you can with an emphasis on mutual support and problem-solving
- Delicious lunch
- Refreshments available throughout the day plus endless supply of fruit kindly provided by Cambridge Fruit Co.
- Gorgeous products and prizes up for grabs
- Happy Hour and networking – join us for a glass of wine, giving you a chance to reflect on the day with others
- Leave the day feeling inspired and supported
- Take home a fabulous goody bag
Female Wellness and Herbs with ‘Hipster Veggie’ Jaspreet Kaur
Personal Branding and Your Future Self with Dr Matt Higgs from KISS Communications
Financial Wellbeing – Demystifying the Fairy Tale of Financial Planning with Claire LaRue from PB Financial Planning
Finding Your Voice with spoken word artist Jaspreet Kaur
Daring to be Me with mindfulness coach Dr Helen Zhang
Inner leadership and career journeys
Leadership isn’t necessarily a position of power in a workplace: it can take the form of providing guidance, strength and direction in any area of life. You can be a leader at home or in your community, as well as in your work. In this session we’ll explore the idea of a leadership mindset – how you can nurture a state of mind that will empower you in every aspect of your life.
Leaders take many forms. This session will help you find out what type you may be, or have the potential to be, supporting you to develop as a leader in a way that remains authentic to yourself.
In recognition of the theme of International Women’s Day 2019 – Balance for Better – we’ll take a close look at the relationship between gender equality and leadership. We’ll break down the impact gender balance – or its absence – can have on women’s career paths.
We’ll also hear about the fascinating career journeys of some highly successful women. Not every great success results from a perfectly executed plan – sometimes serendipity and an openness to new possibilities play a crucial role. Here we’ll discuss some of the interesting turns some of our speakers, and no doubt festivalgoers, have taken to get to where they are today.
The Open Conversation is chaired by Professor Dame Carol Black, with speakers including Dame Mary Archer, Dr Kamel Hothi OBE and Dr Helen Zhang, with more names to be announced shortly.
- Saturday, 9th March 2019, 9:30am - 5:30pm
- St Barnabas Church, Mill Road, Cambridge