General Assembly: Women in Tech Breakfast - Building Inclusive Teams for Success
When: March 8 2019
Where: Chicago, United States
How can companies close the gender gap in today’s workplace?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, women occupy only 27% of chief executive jobs and just over one-fourth of computer and information systems management roles. And while women have made strides in various industries, organizations still struggle to build inclusive teams that fairly represent women in positions traditionally dominated by men.
In honor of Women’s History Month, leaders from General Assembly will lead an action-packed discussion on how we can effectively engage and cultivate teams that support and celebrate inclusiveness at all levels.
You’ll leave this session with:
- A deeper understanding of the challenges women professionals and employers face in breaking down gender barriers at work.
- Expert insights on the negative ripple effects of unconscious biases in company culture.
- Tips for facilitating open and honest dialogue around workplace inequities.
- Strategies for incorporating gender diversity into your talent pipeline and championing inclusion in your organization.
Whether you identify as a woman professional or an individual interested in gender equity, join us at this exclusive event.
Let’s begin the conversation!
- Breakfast 8:30am - 8:45am
- Panel 8:45am - 9:30am
- Q&A and networking 9:30am - 10:30am
Expedia Group, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60661
General Assembly proudly presents this event in partnership with International Women's Day.
International Women's Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. This day also marks a call-to-action for accelerating gender parity around the world. Balance drives a better working world. Let's all help create #BalanceforBetter.
Learn more about General Assembly
Learn more about General Assembly where individuals can get ahead with expert-led training in coding, data, design, digital marketing, and more - on campus and online - browse courses; and companies can transform their workforce with intensive training, assessments, and an exclusive hiring pipeline.