IMAGE: Jasmine Holmes, Graphic Designer & Lettering Artist
Celebrating women typographers worldwide
We're celebrating the awesome work of talented women typographers to help raise visibility and increase the volume of commissioned work for female lettering artists worldwide.
To help achieve this misson, we're running an exciting competition with global community Typism and their friends. The competition is calling upon female lettering artists to develop creations with impact that support the International Women's Day (IWD) 2020 campaign theme of #EachforEqual.
For more information surrounding women in lettering, check out this insightful article about the state of play for women in typography by Typism Community founder, Dominique Falla.
Showcase your work for International Women's Day
IMAGE: Libbi Reed - Web | Instagram
As part of our mission to increase the visibility and commissioned work for women typographers worldwide, women typographers are invited to enter the IWD 2020 Typography Competition.
Entries open! IWD 2020 Typography Competition
1. The competition is open to women typographers worldwide - novice through to experienced. Female artists may enter in all categories and as many times as they like.
2. There are three exciting categories to enter:
- Each for Equal / #EachforEqual creation entries by January 31, 2020 (3 winners worldwide)
- Happy International Women's Day creation entries by February 7, 2020 (3 winners worldwide)
- Women's Equality statement or thought creation entries accepted continuously through 2020
3. We're looking for impactful lettering artworks for each of three categories. See the three category examples provided on this page to inspire entries.
4. To enter the competition, share the creation on Instagram using the hashtags #IWD2020 #EachforEqual #IWDTypism - plus make sure to tag @internationalwomensday_global and @typism. Also, please ensure Instagram entry posts have a resolution of at least 1080 x 1080 pixels.
5. The winners of each category will be announced within one week following the category entries close.
6. Winning entries will be celebrated on the IWD website in addition to high-visibility promotion via the IWD and Typism social media channels. However, ahead of entry deadlines, watch out on Instagram for entries shared by entrants as well as amplified at times by the IWD and Typism teams also.
Image: Aurelie Maron - Web | Instagram
About the Typism community
The Typism Community is a thriving international hub for bringing together type and lettering artists and creating a supportive network. Typism was founded on Australia’s Gold Coast in 2013 by creative designer and academic, Dominique Falla. Dominique saw a need for a conference and community that was solely for the type dorks of the world. Since then the Typism Community has gone global and continues to grow and support both new and experienced type and lettering artists. Every year, a Typism Conference is held on Australia's sunny Gold Coast and produces a curated book of the best black and white lettering from around the world. Learn more about the 2020 Typism Conference.