Celebrating generations of ordinary women doing extraordinary things
When: March 8 2020
Where: Toledo, United States
International Women's Day #EachforEqual celebrating generations of ordinary women doing extraordinary things.
International Women's Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
International Women's Day (IWD) has occurred for well over a century, with the first IWD gathering in 1911 supported by over a million people in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. Prior to this the Socialist Party of America, United Kingdom's Suffragists and Suffragettes, and further groups campaigned for women's equality.
International Women's Day 2020 campaign theme - # EachforEqual strives for:
• An equal world is an enabled world.
• Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day.
• We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women's achievements.
• Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.
Date: Sunday, March 8th at the Pinnacle – Maumee, Ohio – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
What: The NW Ohio International Women’s Day will bring together organizations to celebrate the generations of women who have made equality possible. Each organization will have
• Educational booths
• Activities for young women
• Entertainment –
• Lunch with speakers
• Generational photos