C Cane, North London MC and Reprezent presenter taking the city's radio waves by storm
Celebrating women rappers worldwide
We're celebrating the awesome work of talented women rappers to help raise visibility and increase the volume of commissioned work and awards they receive worldwide.
To help achieve this misson, we're running an exciting project with a global community of women rappers and their friends by calling for exciting raps with impact that support the International Women's Day (IWD) 2020 campaign theme of #EachforEqual.
Check out last year's International Women's Day rap creation by Janet Taras, Founder of Speaking Rights, celebrating the previous IWD campaign theme.
Janet has been working with a brilliant team on an IWD 2020 #EachforEqual rap. So watch this space!
In the meantime, read Janet's views on the importance of rap for spreading messages of equality.
Showcase your IWD #EachforEqual rap
As part of our mission to increase the visibility, work and well desetrved award recognition for women rappers, artists worldwide are invited to enter the IWD 2020 Women Rappers Competition.
Submissions open! IWD 2020 Women Rappers project
1. The project is open to women rappers worldwide from novices through to professional artists.
2. We're looking for an impactful rap with a key message about women's equality and how we can all choose to take responsibility and make a difference through our own thoughts and actions being #EachforEqual.
3. To particpate in the project, upload the creation to Youtube then email the weblink to email@example.com
4. Impressive raps will be featured in the lead up to International Women's Day, and beyond.
5. The raps will be celebrated on the IWD website in addition to high-visibility promotion via the IWD social media channels.