Celebrating International Women's Day Best Practice
Groups around the world celebrated the International Women's Day "Press for Progresss" global annual campaign theme in highly successful and effective ways, and supported a strong call-to-action to help forge women's equality.
Worldwide, over 100 groups entered the IWD "Best Practice Competition" to showcase their achievements in making a #PressforProgress to help forge gender parity. Their impressive case studies explained how they celebrated the International Women's Day campaign theme and how they actively encouraged audiences and communities to help accelerate equality.
Winning case studies shared via informative articles
In the lead up to International Women's Day 2019, the impressive 2018 Best Practice winners are being announced across categories and their case studies celebrated via a range of insightful articles over coming weeks. The aim of the Best Practice articles is to commend success and highlight each group's strong commitment to gender parity, while providing practical and informative details for further groups inspired by their leadership.
Celebrating best practice leaders and their inspiring tangible action
Entries were submitted by groups across the below categories, which provide the focus for the Best Practice articles. Winners are announced via social media with insightful articles for each category published regularly through to October 2018.
International Women's Day Best Practice Winners
- Public Sector: Leadership and Progress
- High Commission of Canada in Guyana and Suriname
- Best IWD Grassroots Impact
- PUSS India
- Charity Sector: Awareness Raising
- Lochaber Women's Aid + Kiwanis Club of Young Professionals Kingston, Jamaica
- Best IWD Cakes - announced August
- Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Community Services: Local Engagement - announced August
- Best IWD #PressforProgress media activity - announced August
- Associations/Networks: Member Participation - announced September
- Education Sector: Knowledge and Impact - announced September
- Best IWD #PressforProgress photographs - announced September
- Best IWD #PressforProgress Videos - announced September
- Marketing/Design Agencies: IWD Campaign Work - announced October
- Private Sector: Impact and Innovation - announced October
- Sporting Sector: Social Leadership - announced October
- Best IWD Event Pack use - announced October
Click here for any questions or enquiries.